September 9, 2010

Ah yes, the velodrome.







This here concrete fun machine and I first met back in 2005. I left that first meeting with a flat tire and a bruised ego. We've crossed paths a few times since then, but none were too glorious. FFWD to present day. The Detroit Mower Gang has apparently decided to clean it up. Great job, kids! Some friends of mine caught wind of this and decided to take their motorbikes out to play around on it and not invite me :( You've probably seen the video.




Anyhow, Rich and I went to see for ourselves tonight. It's much improved. (Shout out to you mower people again!) I think we need to start a mini moto derby league or something.

7 comments:

  1. I need to head up to Detroit

    ReplyDelete
  2. i went there last nite too! Its still fun even on a road king! saw dude on that dirt bike with the crazy seat rippin' thru royal oak.. shoulda known he was headed to the velodrome. Stay high in the south side turn! stay high in the south side turn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What kind of tire pressures you guys running?

    ReplyDelete
  4. We were only playing around out there Tom, so I didn't make any adjustments for it.

    ReplyDelete